Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's Here!


My Fancy Kitty Kitten drumcarder has arrived. Actually it got here on Monday. I loves it. I've already been playing on it. Zach even said how fast my carding was going. He seemed very impressed.








The first batts I made on it. I had been trying to do some fiber blending with my handcards and sort of gave up because there was so much. Took me one night. It is a blend of some blue and brown corridale and natural brown alpaca. Lovely smooshy and soft. Yay!





And just to make myself feel even better, I finished my socks. Yay! Now I can start working on some Christmas socks. If I start now I might finished by Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*snort* Fancy kitty kitten. BAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Also, jealous (1)

goodnessgraciousWV said...

I have made, lessee...about 6 batts? Maybe more. I do NOT like cleaning the yellow wool off the drums. I have a growing pile of "stuff I cleaned off", which I had the clever idea of letting my friend have to felt onto soaps, and then I remembered a lot of it is down-breed sheep that doesn't wet-felt. Drat.

But, I love my Fancy Kitty Kitten drumcarder too! :) Together with my Kaydessa Wool Picker thing I can produce faster, but, I must say, it is a bit like with my wheel: I love it and it is faster, but SO not portable!