And they like a day later, we went to Zach's parents so we could attend a wedding of a college friend. Doesn't Zach look handsome in a tux. Awwwww...
They also gave us some yummies from their garden. I can't wait until I can attempt to not kill plants. They gave us a ton of tomatos and the biggest zuchinni I have ever seen. We were able to get 6 cups of it shredded for zuchinni bread and we still had enough to have a very filling meal of just grilled zuchinni. Craziness.
And I finished a hat. It is the Hermione Loves Ron hat. It is based on the hat that Hermione wears in the 6th Harry Potter movie. Her's is grey, but I really love this yarn. It is Knitpicks DK swish in Clematis Heather. It is mostly purple with pretty much every other color in there somehow. I do love Knitpicks heather colorways.
I have become obsessed with crocheting lace shawls. This one is the Crocus Bud Lace Shawl. I am using Skacel Merino lace that I dyed myself with wilson's cake icing dyes. Love. After the chain cast on and the first row, it is just a repeat of row two until you run out of yarn or your brain falls out. Considering how in love with this yarn and color I am, I am prediciting the end of the yarn. It is a great project for SnB since it is one row consisting of two stitches. I can, for the most part, work on this and talk without screwing it up. For the most part.
The only thing with crocheted shawls is that they require a lot more yardage than knit shawls. But again thanks to Knitpicks I was able to get about 1300 yards of merino/silk lace weight for about 12 dollars. Love (1) This will someday become the Solaris Shawl. It is undyed because I plan to attempt to dip dye this to get a gradiated color change from the bottom edge to the top. Wish me luck on this crazy idea/endevor. It seems like a really good idea now. But I can overdye if it sucks.
And then there was more traveling for my birthday. Here is my dad riding an out of order horse backwards. We were waiting to go to dinner. I didn't get a good picture of my brother otherwise you would get one of those as well. I'll be doing a separate post for my birthday. I felt very spoiled and want the chance to shout out to everyone.


No comments:
Post a Comment