Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some things got done



These are the two market bags I made. I super love them. The pattern I used is the self pouching market bag. The yellow one, I actually followed the pattern and it actually all tucks into a pocket in the bottom of the bag. The blue/green one, I sort of followed the pattern but used a thicker cotton yarn and didn't make the pouch and used a bigger crochet hook. I think I used about 2.5 balls of peaches and cream cotton yarn. Of course the blue/green one is bigger and deeper. But they work really well. Yay!



This is the Ballband dishcloth I made. I love how the colors pooled on this. Actually I loved it so much, it is going to go into my blanket instead of being used to wash things. And speaking of blankets, I got all the squares for the HP blanket finished, ends woven in, and mailed off. I have 6 squares that were extra from my lovely ladies and I will be getting 9 back from the swap. I might have to make a few more squares to figure out what size I want to make it.

But I think I am done with cotton yarn for a while. I need to soak my hands in moisturizer and make sure my wrists still work.

And in other news. If you are bored this fourth of July weekend, head on over to the Mountain State Arts and Crafts Fair in Ripley, WV. I will be there Friday and Saturday with my fiber guild demonstrating spinning and being all dressed up like a pioneer woman. Yay!


1 comment:

goodnessgraciousWV said...

Have fun at the Arts & Crafts Fair!! I would love to go, but... I am still trying to figure out if I am going to the Heritage Farm for their thing Saturday. I wanted to bring my loom from VBS, but I'm not sure I'll have time to warp it before that.

And I LOVE those market bags!

grace :)
http://goodnessgraciouswv.wordpress.com