I have been on a crazy cotton yarn kick and just finished a market bag, working on another, and making a ballband dishcloth. My fingers are probably going to fall off by the end of the week. I will try to get pictures before they do.
But I have also been playing with some makeup. I had some money in my paypal account and have been toying around with what to spend it on for a while now. I finally decided the other day. I got some makeup off of Etsy. I am here now to tell you how wonderful it is.
The shop is Pure Natural Minerals. They are my first foray into mineral makeup. I've always been very hesitant because I was never entirely convinced it would work and I didn't want to spend upwards of 10-20 dollars just to try it out. And that was what hooked me first. She offers samples of pretty much all her products. She was even so kind as to allow me to get samples of concealor. The concealor was my biggest concern. I have bad undereye circles. And the occasional blemish. The store has regular concealor, yellow and green. Also getting samples allowed me to figure out what shade of foundation would work best for me. I'm pretty pale so I wobbled between fair and light. Turns out I'm not as pale as I thought and the light works pretty well for me.
What did I get? I got:
2 samples of foundation; light and fair
4 samples of concealor; light, medium, yellow, green
1 full size Big Blue eyeshadow
1 full size Moss green eyeshadow
1 full size Rose Blush
1 sample of finishing veil
So I've tried it all. The foundation gives me a really nice coverage. My skin is much more even so I know I have makeup on, but it looks so much more natural then my liquid foundation. I don't have to worry about lines or smudges. It looks great. I apply the foundation after I use concealer. And to be honest, I think I really like just using the yellow and green. The yellow goes on under my eyes and I dot the green on where I need it. Once I put the foundation on it no longer looks like I am coloring by number on my face. :) And the finishing veil really does just finish the whole look. Essentially just like putting powder on after using liquid foundation. If I had to classify my skin, I would say I am t-zone oily. I haven't had any problems. I think it keeps my skin much dryer. And when I've been outside in the makeup, I haven't felt like my face is melting off. It stays dryer than normal and it is really handy since it is getting so humid.
I'm not really much of a blush girl, but she was having a great sale so I snagged some. I have really rosy cheeks naturally, but since the makeup actually covers I find a little blush adds back some color to my cheeks without being overpowering. In fact that is the one thing I really like about the eyeshadows too. The colors aren't overpowering. I don't put on the eyeshadow and sit there smudging my lid for 5 minutes to make myself not look like Mimi from the Drew Carrey show. It is subtle and professional looking.
If you are interested in mineral makeup but don't want to spend a lot, I highly recommend Pure Natural Minerals. Zach even told me that I could buy whatever I wanted if it meant I would throw out some of the seriously old makeup I've collected over the years. It seems like a great deal to me since I won't need it much anymore. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I too have definitely been feeling the cotton kick. The 3 hand towels can attest to that.
I'm definitely checking out that make-up shop. I love love love mineral make-up.
I ordered some samples...I hope they work...Love mum
Post a Comment