Not much exciting going on around here. I haven't finished any projects but I have decided to start two new ones. Well I don't plan on starting them immediately. They are in queue to be made.
The first is Eva's Shawl. The pattern link is on the right hand side column on the blog. I am going to use some Frog Tree Brushed Suri Alpaca that I bought forever ago for a shawl. The two other knitted shawls I started have failed miserably. So I am going to start this crocheted shawl with the third ball of yarn and if it goes well, I am going to frog the other two shawl projects to finish this one.
The other project is The Sock Yarn Blanket. I got a bunch of leftover scraps of yarn in the mail and I dug through my stash and found some others. I think this would be a great ongoing project to use up scraps of yarn that I feel bad for wasting. Or I could just be crazy. But if anyone has any scraps of yarn laying around their house, I would give it a loving home. Pretty much any weight yarn except for lace or super bulky I think would work.
Oh wait, I have another project waiting in the wings. The Wicket Eyelet Rib Vest. I have the yarn ready. I just need to get some stuff done so that I don't feel bad casting on a bunch of new stuff. Either that or I need to go through the WIP basket and clean it out and frog the stuff I will never finish.
At least I have most of the yarn for these projects so there isn't much spending going on. I am trying to save money for the Hawks nest retreat and Maryland Sheep and Wool Show. I am excited to be going to the Fiber Network's Hawks Nest retreat this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get a lot of spinning done.
But, the reason I haven't really gotten anything done this week is my back. Zach had to take me to the emergency room Saturday night for severe back pain. Not cool. Although the doctor did give me much better medication than I was using. And he explained that tylenol doesn't really work on muscle strains and he showed me some stretches to do. Mostly I have just had to be better about the way I sit at work and when I am on the computer or knitting at home. And I was amused that the anti-inflamatory drugs made me almost as dizzy and loopy as the muscle relaxers. I have to say those suckers are effective though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
How can you drive to count 15 squirrels? I'm jealous...I'd run over something important (like a parked car, small child) I have a case of start-itis this week. May your back heal soon so you can get bdk to the stuff you love.
Thanks for playing!
Shelly
That is the thing, there are so many of them that I barely have to take my eyes off of the road. It also helps that the speed limit by the park is quite slow, so I don't have to worry as much about running into things.
Nadine! I am so sorry you are having a back pain thing! Andrew was going to physical therapy and learned new exercises for his back and it really helps. He has to warm up, then do them. Twice a day is best for him.
I am avoiding all sorts of things (like thinking about my mil's death) and dyed some Suffolk wool with turmeric today. And spinning.
I hope you feel better! I thought you were going with Aimee to Hawk's Nest?? I made her my "shopper" so I could have something without going and she could buy something without breaking her fiber hiatus.
grace :)
I completely forgot what I was going to say...
Oh! frogging is relaxing and meditative! It's like lifting a burden off your shoulders, a light fuzzy one that you maybe didn't realize you had but is there all the same. (hee! run-on)I love to frog old dormant projects. It's like how spring cleaning makes everything feel fresh and new again after the long, dark winter.
Post a Comment