Friday, March 27, 2009

I've Run out of Publicity Stunts

So it appears I have run out of publicity stunts and actually have to make a real post to the blog. That is fine, I actually have things to post. And there was a small window of sunlight yesterday that allowed me to snap some pics at Stitch and Bitch last night. Yay! I think I need to make a light box so I don't have to worry about sunlight and all that jazz when I take my pics.

I finished my Noro Striped Scarf that I made from Soy Wool Stripes instead of Noro. But it doesn't matter because the Soy Wool Stripes is still to scratchy for me to wear. No, I haven't tried to wash it with conditioner. Mostly because I am super pissed at it and I'm sure that once I wash it and it doesn't become softer I will be forced to do something drastic. But I love the colors and the scarf so I am not to the point of giving it away yet. "Yet"

Finished my socks. I love this yarn. I cast on 64 stitches on size 1s (almost too small for me) and did a short row heel to maintain the striping. I even made the stripes match up. Mad props to Aimee who let me dye they yarn at her place using her dyes. And also props to her hallway which creates 5 row color repeats.




These Double Point Needle holders are quite possibly the most useful things I have ever made. I adore them and want to make millions more so that all my sock projects can use them. Granted that number is down to two and shall hopefully be down to zero before I get the urge to start any new socks. We shall see. But I have 4 of these suckers now and I think I will make more for all the uber cool sock knitters in my life. Someday.



These lovelies were made a while ago. I just misplaced them and never took any pictures. Well now is as good a time as any. These were pretty fun and easy to make. A bit fiddly. I might try again with the correct gauge wire. But I'm not a huge fan of super big dangly earrings. So I might try making something a bit smaller.
Grace has decided to make bags for the Phat Fiber boxes as an advertisement for her etsy store. Since I helped out as a sounding board, she gave me one. How cute. She has them for sale on her store now. And I just saw all of her samples for various other fiber animals and they are just as adorable as the sheep. I also finally got one of her "Got Wool" shirts that are the unofficial uniform of our guild. I love it soooooo much. It is so cute and the shirt fits super awesome ie. I look hot. I really wanted to get it to wear to Maryland Sheep and Wool. Perhaps I shall get a picture of it tomorrow at our WV Fiber Artists Ravelry meetup. I can't wait.
Look! I'm sticking with it. Mostly because of some super awesome knitterly peoples who are donating leftover stash bits to my cause. I can't let them down. The actual number of squares is now up to 7. I am going to the game store tonight with Zach and I think I will be taking this project to try and get the first row of squares done. These squares go so quick because you are decreasing the whole time. I'm very excited about this project.

No comments: