Sunday, March 1, 2009

You know what makes the blahs better?

Lots of mail from awesome peoples! Yay! I had a couple swaps and a Random Act of Kindness (RAK) in the mail.
First I got my swap from the Harry Potter Crafts Yahoo group. We had to alter a book to represent a female from the books. The one I received was based on Professor McGonagall. It is so awesome.



















For my RAK, a fellow Ravelry, Fennel, sent me a lovely package of leftover yarn to use in my needlefelting. The cool thing is, some of the scraps were handspuns. Very very cool.








I also got my package from the Ravelry Rubberneckers not Rubbernecking swap. Squeee! I think I explained the premise was I spun up 8 oz of yarn and I got 8 oz of fiber. ZOMG!!!! I got some amazing fiber in return.

This beautiful 100% Alpaca roving from Laughing Rat Studios. It is soooooo soft. I just want to wear it as a scarf as is. I think it most definitely needs to become a bulky, smooshy yarn and be made into something I wear around my neck.




And this beautiful batt from Butterfly Girl Designs. It is chocolate brown and gold bamboo with red merino with sparkly angelina. It is so gorgeous.

My package also include some bright turquoise mohair locks and a delicious ginger-lemon chocolate bar. Fiber and noms. Hooray!

No comments: