I am doing a shameless plug for something I want for Christmas (besides a spinning wheel)
Loop's Secret Santa Spinning Batt Club
I actually adore all of the fiber batts she does, but this could be fun.
as for the questionnaire that she has to go with it. Main color blue, I am an equal opportunity fiber spinner (so anything), yes on the glitz.
Now I feel kind of bad for mentioning this, I will turn it into a plug for Loop and for Etsy. First off, I love her batts. They are gorgeous. I have drooled over her Earth Goddess colorway since I learned how to spin. She doesn't really make that one anymore and a lovely lady in my spinning guild was tired of me drooling over the batts of it that she had so she gave me one. I started crying. These things are amazing. If you spin, I recommend getting something from her. It will inspire you to spin better so you will be worth of her stuff.
And Etsy is so much fun. It is like Ebay (but no bidding) and it is all handmade/handcrafted stuff. Anything. You can even commission people if you can't find what you want. I use it mostly to find awesome, small indie providers of yarn and fiber. But it would be a great place to find completely unique and beautiful gifts for people this Christmas. And you wouldn't be buying generic, big box gifts. These are handcrafted, one of a kind items. And, like Ebay, they have a rating system so you can make sure people are reputable sellers.
Now I don't feel so bad about plugging for myself for this Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment