Because you find awesome things for really really cheap. I decided to get up early this Saturday as I saw some really good signs driving home from work on Friday. Well I didn't get up early. But I did go. Of course it was nearly unbearably hot. It was worth it to buy something just so I could go stand in the shade in their garages where they had fans. But I did find one yard sale. They had a square/rectangle lap loom weaving snap together set. They also had a wooden hexagonal loom. Neither had a price. So I asked and the lady said I could have them both for 50 cents. Woot. Of course I have no idea how to use them. I am also having some difficulty finding stuff online. So we shall see what I do with them.
5 comments:
Score! I don't know how to use any of that stuff. That reminds me, I've got something I need to bring to the SnB. I bought it at a dollar tree and it says something like "Crochet your own bag!" and it's not crochet...it's also not knitting...it's a loom lol. Mandy made one actually now that I think about it... anyway I have no clue how to use it.
That is the thing Mandy made. It is Loom knitting and I'll show you how it works. Mandy says it makes a very effective if not garish sock bag.
Hey Nadine! Your lap loom brings back a flood of memories! I used one when I had physical rehab to regain use of my left hand about 27 years ago. I still have them. If you can't find anything on the net to help you ... I'd love to show you how to use them.
Have a great day!
Lesley Ann
By the way, the next time you do this, if you want company, give me a call. I haven't gone to any yard sales in years.
Lesley, I haven't gotten to try the looms yet. Been working on graduation/birthday/must finish up this sock/spinning stuff. I found a Yahoo group all about the looms and they had a bunch of PDF's with instructions. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. If not, I'm totally coming to you.
Wildwoodflwr, The next time I find a free weekend I will totally hit you up. We'll make it a proper, get up early, grab a paper and map it out kind of yard sale day.
Post a Comment