Monday, June 2, 2008

I have friends

This post was going to be all about the wonderful people I have met through knitting groups. And how I have gone out of my comfort zone by seeking out friends outside of work. I was seeking out people where I didn't have the common thread of working in the same place.

As I was typing, I realized that all of my friends outside of work are fiber people. I then realized I was comparing Apples to Apples. Yeah, there are some new places I have to go to. But seeing someone there knitting is an instant ice breaker. I can pull out my knitting and start comparing projects. In fact, pretty much any time I pull out my knitting in public I get some comments or people talk to me about it. My favorites are when people look a little nostalgic and talk about their grandma/aunt/treasured person who used to knit/crochet/cross stitch. It also appears that most any handcraft evokes memories of all the others.

So this post will instead say thank you to all those of the fibery persuasion out there who have helped me grow, learn, teach and enjoy what I do.










From my Fiber Guild









To new friends from Ravelry


Some Stitchin' and Bitchin'

Library Knit Night and the occasional Knitten' Kitten meeting.

1 comment:

Blair said...

*Drifts over from Ravelry to comment on how that shirt makes me look like I'm a wall in someone's bathroom in the '70s.*