Holy Crap, did I actually finish some knitting projects. You bet your sweet patootie. 3-ish projects in fact (well two are knit, one is spun).

I finally finished
Anouk for the baby present. I decided against the shrug to go with it since the baby has already been born and I wanted to get the gift to the parents. I made it without pockets and I duplicate stitched a flower on the front. It actually got done because the
Yarn and More had the perfect buttons for it when I went to the Fiber Guild meeting.

And speaking of spinning, I spun up a single of some cormo locks I got from the
Yarn and More. I didn't dye them myself. As you saw in a previous post, I did run these locks through the drum carder, but the wool still turned out a very shlubby and artsy (spinners code for uneven) yarn. I saw a post on
Ravelry about plying a single with thread and stringing beads or flowers onto the thread. So I tried beads. I love how the yarn turned out, but it is going to be a long time before I think about trying this again. Probably when I get a wheel (which will be a long time). I used my
cardboard lazy kate to ply and it might have been easier if I had moved it up onto the couch next to me so I didn't have to keep bending down to reach for beads.

And for my third object, I finally finished my
Broadripple socks done in
Bernat Satin Sport. Lovely color meadow, but will be more of a slipper sock. I'm not sure how sturdy the yarn is. It made a good pair of second socks. My third pair (technically fourth but I'm not sure I'll ever finish the
Viking socks) I am working on a ribbed sock,
magic loop with
Cestari Cotton sock yarn. To be honest, I don't know if I like Magic Loop as much as DPNs. It seems more fiddly with stuff sticking out. But I don't have to worry about 5 needles. Just two that are joined together. And I splurged on nice ones to get a very flexible cable, Addi Turbos from
Yarn and More.
No comments:
Post a Comment