I have a new spinning wheel!!!! I finally saved up enough money to buy a Fricke double treadle. I'm so excited. I love it so much. I knew I would. She was everything I was looking for and more. After my first wheel I definitely started developing ideas about what I wanted in a wheel. I knew I had to have a double treadle wheel. I really wanted it to have a delta orfice so I could spin some funky art yarns. And I wanted a sliding hook flyer. I think it will help me even out my bobbins and get more fiber on them. The Fricke was the best wheel I looked at in my price range.

She has even been welcomed home with her very own pair of house slippers. I made her custom foot cushions (they attach with elastic) to keep her feet clean and mine cushioned. Yes those are very cute little sheep. Yesterday was her second trip out of the house and it was raining. I freaked out. My Babe wheel wasn't affected by rain since it was plastic. But must protect the wood from warping!!! So she got wrapped in garbage bags. I think one of my next sewing projects will be a rain coat for her.

I've already spun on her. This is a bit of yarn for our Guild's Superbowl competition. Merino and Llama singles plied with some mohair. She handled very well. Even with the awkward plying I had to do. I just held the fluffed out mohair against the two singles as they twisted together.

And some scrumptious merino, which is a present for a swap partner (which is why I had to wait until today to post about it). I call it Hulk Smash. I dyed it myself. I spun up most of it while watching The Hulk (with Edward Norton) on tv. I thought the colors were appropriate.

My favorite part is that I keep calling it a her, but she doesn't have a name yet. I need to work on that.
2 comments:
HULK SMASH! I wish I was your swap partner - that's gorgeous!
Love the wheel! Looks like she does a fine joy spinning. You should have a contest to name the wheel. I know what I would suggest for the prize. It is pictured on this blog. Congratulation!!!
Nancy
Post a Comment