Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things I've made since Christmas

Surprisingly enough, I didn't get too burnt out after Christmas. Sometimes I have to take a bit of a break. I think Christmas knitting went a bit smoother this year so I didn't get overwhelmed. Which means I have things to show you.

Actually these first two projects are kind of funny. I suppose they are finished, but not really. Actually I think my belly dance belt is finally complete. I keep adding more jingly things. I have jingle envy of the other girls in class so I keep adding coins. But I took up Belly Dancing. I needed something shiny and loud to wear. But I must have changed the top edge on this like 5 times by now.

I love these slippers. They did have suede soles on the bottom, but they were too heavy and would cause the slipper to come off of my food. And now the foot fits better, but I think the buttons I have on it are too heavy because the top part won't stay up. So I need to change those out. Soon, cause it is getting cold again.

A little custom sewing for Beth and Sam. Beth needed a crochet hook roll and we went shopping to pick out the fabric. Sam found this adorable Winnie the Pooh fabric and wanted a drop spindle bag. I think they both turned out very well. So many girls in my knitting group are carrying my bags. But my current crochet project, it's tucked into walmart plastic bags. :) I am a horrible promoter.

And this acorn bag was a gift for a friend. I had to steal the picture from her because I forgot to take a picture before it got packed up. I do that a lot. I get so excited something is done that I pack it up to leave and I never get a picture. I need to work on that.

No comments: