Monday, April 12, 2010

Whatcha doin'?

Not much really. I've been working on bags and sewing and working on a bunch of big projects that seem like they will never be done and working on projects that are presents or for a swap so they are secret.

But I did think it was about time that I took some updated pictures of my Sock Yarn Blanket of Doom. And cool new feature of Ravelry, I am going to share the project page. It has more pictures and more information about the project. You can click here to see more about it. Lots of lovely people have donated sock yarn for this blanket. But I could always use more if you have it laying around. About 5 grams of yarn will make two squares. 5 grams of yarn makes a ball about the size of a walnut. So I don't need a lot. But I do have a pretty healthy amount of yarn accumulated so far.

Like I said before, a lot of sewing has been going on. I'm trying to get a good stock of bags done before the retreat, maybe try and sell a few there. But this project is just for me. A lady in our guild had done something similar to her wheel. Essentially it is just a padded pillow for the treadle. But she made hers and essentially upholstered it onto the treadle. Well, I didn't really feel like stapling fabric to my wheel. I sensed that would hurt resale value a bit. So I designed one I could take off. It has two velcro straps on the bottom to hold it on and my favorite design element is the non stick stuff on the bottom. You know that foamy stuff you cut and put into your cabinets as a liner. Well I cut a rectangle out of it and sewed it on as part of the bottom lining. That sucker isn't going anywhere. I tried it out last night. I am in love. Do you think these would go over well in the store? I would have to do them as a custom order depending on the size and shape of the treadle and where the hinge is. Maybe I'll see what the ladies in guild think.

Oh and more bags should be going up in the store soon. And I hope to get about 8 more made this week. We shall see. I heart this fabric.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Just wanted to let you know I just posted about my finished socks from your Round-and Round Toe-up Socks I pattern I used from my calendar. Pop over and check out how they came out. Not to bad I think since they were my first socks. Thanks for a pattern that was easy to read. The post is here http://brtowsleyblogs.blogspot.com/2010/04/finished.html