Tuesday, March 16, 2010

recent projects

I actually have gotten some things done recently (shock). I have to say the vacation helped.

ButI did get this shawl finished before I left. It was crocheted using the Magnificent Mantle pattern. The yarn is 100% silk from a sweater my friend got from goodwill. I still have a few more skeins of the stuff. I really love these scarf/shawlettes. I think I might make another out of the rest of the yarn and dye it so they aren't the same color. I think I might knit the next one.

I had to make a hat for my FIL. The one I knit him for Christmas was both to tight and too short. From this picture you can see why me trying on his hat to see if it fit was a bad idea. The pattern is the Boyfriend hat and it is made out of Moda Dea Washable Wool. Good stuff, but I think it is discontinued.
And I helped my MIL put together a quilted wall hanging as a wedding present for a friend. As the wedding was in September (2009) I am glad it is finally done. I just kept telling myself I had a year. But my MIL did a lot of the work. I whipstitched the binding and got a bunch of the girls from the fiber guild to sign the squares. Yay! It is done!
I apologize for what will be a string of posts. I haven't updated since the beginning of the month and I was on vacation last week. I didn't feel like announcing that fact over the internet while we were gone.

No comments: