Goodness I am actually quite miserable at updating this blog. I start like 5 posts at a time and slowly write them as I stop being lazy. I mean they all have titles, pictures and an outline in them. I just never write them. That is why I end up with strings of posts, because I get motivated and write them all at once.
Anyway, so now I shall talk about my wonderful vacation that I got back from like a week and a half ago. Zach needed to use up his vacation time so we both took off a week and went to spend the week with his parents around Washington DC. I won't lie and tell you I was dissapointed we didn't go all the way into town, because that can be a very stressful proposition. Well I guess we did sort of once. But more on that.
Mostly it involved shopping and sitting around enjoying ourselves. And watching these two play fight constantly. Oh yes, they look peaceful now, but they are worse than Heidi and Lucy. Although it did make me realize how old Heidi has gotten. She used to run around and never tire out like Pixie, but now she mostly lays around all the time. Well not this week. Pixie had her running around the yard, around the house, chasing imaginary squirrels. I'm honestly surprised I was able to get a picture of them standing still.

Now Pumpkin on the other hand was very easy to photograph. While Tracey did most of the work on Aimee's wall hanging I had a kitty photoshoot. I got some really cool pictures. I like this one a lot. She look very regal with her legs crossed. This involved a lot of me laying on the floor.

And I saw my first hints of spring that week. Flowers!!! Yay!!!

And now for the shopping. We did a lot of shopping. We went to three yarn/cross stitch/fabric stores (
In Stitches,
Old Town Needlecrafts and JoAnns). I got lots of yarn (thanks Tracey!) and a bunch of fabric I will be talking about in another one of those posts I have half written (see below for fabric picture). We also hit up the grocery store where I found the motherload of British candy/food. I was in heaven. I still have a box of Jaffa Cakes I am oh so patiently saving for when my Mom gets here this weekend.

And one of the best stops was completely accidental. We were driving to a yarn/fabric store and drove by a Trader Joe's. I am completely in love with their crispy green beans. If I got them more often I would almost say addicted. But the closest Trader Joe's to our location is Columbus (3 hours). Blech. So I stocked up. Yay! I am still working on my last bag of them.

And now for the sight seeing portion of our vacation. We went to the Manassas battlefield on our way home from Old Town Needleworks. We went to the Pentagon, which was interesting. They have a lot of displays all around the building. No pictures. But the windows are so thick and have so much reinforcement, they are green. I was intrigued but didn't get close enought to a window to inspect.
We also went to the
National Museum of the Marine Corps. It was very interesting. They had a lot of great exhibits. Not a big fan of their observation deck. Silly fear of heights.
And since I was out of town for my regular knitting group meeting, I cheated on my girls with a group in VA. The Kniterati. They were a great bunch and were very welcoming. They invited Tracey to come back even though she doesn't knit. So nice.
So ta da! That was my trip, in a very condensed version. There was a lot of knitting and a lot of sewing, which I covered in a previous post.
No comments:
Post a Comment