Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympic and other updates

I have finished a few items for my guild Olympic events
For the Pentathlon spinning and the Figure Spinning events I have finished my 2 2-plys (numbers 2 and 3 from the left) and my speciality ply (number 5 from the left). The first one on the left was my attempt at spinning a 3-ply which came up about 40 yds short of the 100 yd minimum. Stupid math. The fourth one was me playing around. So I have dug into the stash and started a new 3-ply.
I have finished my felted bag which qualifies for the Pentathlon and the Nordic Combined events. At this point, it now has a navy blue lining in it to help it keep its shape.
You might ask yourself what in the world did she knit a scarf for. It is not part of the Pentathlon. No it isn't, but it qualifies for the Short Track Speed Knitting. Look at that, another event.
Here is my Cardiff Cowl which counts for the Curling and Pentathlon Free Style catogories. I just need to weave in the ends.
If you are playing along at home, you will notice I just need to finish a 3-ply yarn, a knit hat (which is about 1/2 way done), my second freestyle item (I am quilting and sewing a bag) and a woven item.
So you might have noticed I have deviated from my final plan a bit. For example I knit a scarf and I need to make a woven item. These were not on my original plan, but I have gone crazy and decided to enter all of the events. Why yes, having a 9-5 job and no kids does have its advantages. I am also changing my second freestyle item because I still can't find my stupid tatting needle and the bag is pretty much done at this point. Now I just need to figure out how to weave something without a loom. I am determined, even if I end up entering one of those potholders from the kit you get when you are in elementary school. The ones you make with those elastic loops. :)
The next step in the crazy is to start making more stuff so that none of the items are entered into more than one event. I already have a plan for curling. And I would need to make another felted item. And I think I have an idea for that.
Oh and I bought myself a little present. Some Wollmeise in Hollerstaud'n. Nom nom nom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wolmeise....drrooool.

I really love your big felted bag. I'm inspired to try one.

Deeners said...

The bag was fairly easy. I think the lining was the hardest part. If you acquire a wool sweater, I would be more than willing to tell you what I did.