Monday, February 8, 2010

Look at what I got and made and these websites...

Things I've gotten:

From Haley. Bought before they could even make it to her store. http://www.themustachery.etsy.com/ and http://www.wildwoodflwr.etsy.com/ Hopefully stuff will be going up when the sun returns so nice pictures can be taken.
Obligatory boob shot of my pin.
Fingerless Mitts from our Guild Christmas Party. Made by Jess. I was very excited when I opened them because I reconized the sparkly red yarn as soon as I saw it. Yay for sparkles!


Stitch markers from Mel, which I now realize is only half of what she gave me because the other half had already jumped ship to a project. They are that awesome. Little buttons for the win.

Stitch Markers from UglyStepsister Designs . These little guys are awesome and will be perfect for sock knitting. Now if only I were allowing myself to cast on a project these would be in use.

Things I've made:

DPN Roll
Crochet Hook Roll
Circular Needle Hanger, although this might become obsolete because I just ordered a set of Knitpicks Interchangeable Options needles. Yay!
I also made a Straight Needle Roll, but I didn't take a picture because it looked pretty much like the DPN case just bigger. Oh how I love having my sewing machine out and available for use.

And the reason I made all those needle rolls for me is I was commissioned to make a DPN roll in exchange for some yarn for Jess. I thought it would be a good idea to do a test run to make sure I knew what I was doing, because apparently patterns are for smart people.
But they seem to be a hit because I need to make two more of them. And have I every mentioned how much I love the bartering system. I will totally trade my handiwork for yarn/fiber. I also trade my handiwork for cleaning services.

Websites I've found:

How adorable is this cross stitch: Big Damn Heroes. I will be waiting anxiously until she finishes up the pattern. Jayne is sooooo perfect. I don't know if I want to do one with all of them to hang on the wall or to make individual people to make patches or to add really good quotes. For example I would love to do one of just Jayne with the quote by Wash about his hat. I might have to do them all.

And homemade curry powder for the win. Zach and I go through this stuff pretty regularly. I need to head to Krogers to see if it is a financially viable option. Considering the container of curry powder we get now is $4.00. I think this might work.

And these, I must have these. Preferably without the chain that dangles down underneath the shoe, but wow these are hot. It makes me want to get out the tatting needles and try this out. All of her stuff looks so classy and elegant in black. ::makes mental note to run to AC Moore to get black crochet thread::

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teehee! I love you with your mustache!

And I love the needle rolls!

And (last and, I promise) you own waaay more circulars than I do. Got a size 11, 24" or longer than I can borrow?

Deeners said...

I do love the mustache. I am glad to see some up in the store. You might have to look into making a light box since we shall never see the sun again.

Don't forget to bring your fabric Thursday (if we can venture out into the streets) and I'll add you to the queue.

And I have a pair of 11's with a 32 inch cable (Oh Ravelry, how do I love thy needle chart). Well, actuall, they might be in my Versatility. I'll have to check when I get home.

Brit♥Ann said...

So i love all the needle holders! how frackin adorable are those? You have to post the pattern asap! Especially for the circulars! I've really been wanting to make a hanging hook case and hanging needle case since we finally got in our house and I have my craft room =)))
Good job as always!

Deeners said...

http://tipnut.com/free-patterns-for-knitting-needle-rolls-pouches-organizers/ It lists a bunch of different patterns. Their idea for the hanging needle case is much smarter than mine.