So our plans to travel to Athens to see Julia Mae were delayed for a week. I blame Zach and him bringing home the illness. I decided it would be a great opportunity to go to Charleston and pick up some stuff for my swap package. Mmmmm...chocolate. So I decide to go on Thursday and Dana decides to go with me. Yay for company.
We leave for Charleston and decide to head to Kanawha City Yarn Company first since they close earlier. She has moved the shop one street over. And oh my goodness....was that the best idea ever. The store is so much bigger and brighter and the yarn...I got to see many yarns I hadn't previously had the pleasure of touching before. I bought some Mini Mochi yarn in a lovely purple green colorway. Dana got some Mini Mochi as well and some Malabrigo sock. Oh the softness. She was also able to find the correct color yarn for a vest she needs to make. She had to order it, so that means another road trip at some point. Woot! So amazing yarn FTW!
Well, we lucked out because the store was having an Open House Tailgate Party (same day as the WVU/Marshall game). There was food and a bunch of people sitting around knitting. So we sat down to join them. So nice and so friendly and such yummy food. There was this date/walnut/cream cheese/sugar on a ritz cracker dessert thing that was so good.
After that we decided to try and find Holl's Chocolates. There is one way out of the way, which I had been to. And another one that appeared to be right off the interstate. We went with that one. So easy to find and lots of parking. It was in the middle of Capitol Street Market. So I got some chocolate for me and my swap partner. Dana was able to find some ingredients for a meal she had been having trouble finding in Huntington. And best of all...I found some sparkling apple cider from WV Fruit and Berry. It is what we had in lieu of champagne at our wedding (held on college property, we are normally drinkers). Since we ordered several cases for the wedding, we had been able to have extra and had shared a bottle on our anniversary. But we had run out and didn't have one for this year. So I saved our anniversary. Yay! And we managed not to get lost getting back onto the interstate. Oh and I got a Honeycrisp apple from the market. So tasty. Possibly my favorite apple. Very very descriptive name.
After we made it back to Huntington, we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to Gabes. I found a striped shirt and jacket I could turn into my vest for my Halloween costume. Very cheap.
Then we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to Borders to meet Jenn's posse to go to the corn maze. It was a lot of fun. Even if it was super muddy and just a little bit too long. We had bundled up because it was cold and drizzly out. Unfortunately trying to keep your balance and running around in mud is a pretty good workout. It is very hard to figure out what to do with a very long Gryffindor scarf when you are too hot. It made a sexy belt. You can see the dirty jeans below. My tennis shoes are still in the plastic bags that I had wrapped around them to keep from getting mud in the cars.


No comments:
Post a Comment