I am working through my slump. For some reason I have become super motivated to finish some squares for the HP Ron Blanket Swap I am in. I had grand plans for making some complicated colorwork squares, ten of them in fact. Then I saw that several of the people were just making plain stockinette squares. I got a bit depressed and didn't want to put in crazy effort if I was going to be the only one. But it seems like other people have started chiming in with what they are making and there seems to be a lot of variety. So I am going back to the original plan. Of course, I'm still not brave enough to do real colorwork. So I am going to do duplicate stitch.
Which brings me to my revelation of the day. I had started by crocheting the squares. I have always been much faster at crocheting. Or so I thought. It took me quite a while to finish the first few crocheted squares. It took me about 4 hours to bang out a knitted one. So I am now apparently a faster knitter.
Hopefully I can get a bunch of these squares done by June 30th. I would like to even have extra for people who might have expressed interest in starting their own blanket. I am also going to look into getting some old sweaters from Goodwill and cutting them into squares for the blanket. Maybe do some needle felting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment