Monday, May 25, 2009

Grace yelled at me

for not updating my blog more. But I really don't have anything to report. I am in the middle of kind of a slump. There are so many things I want to do and need to do that I just come home and sit on the couch, so nothing is getting done. Oh and the little things I do get done, I forget to take pictures of. Or they are just more of the eleventy billion dish sponges that I have made. People love those things. Just about the only thing I have been doing is reading. I have started reading all of the Terry Pratchett Discworld series and I have become quite enamored of Juliet Marillier. She had great books. I just read all of her Bridei chronicles books and I need to get ahold of the last book in the sevenwaters trilogy. Very good historical fiction/fantasy.

I have baby knitting/crocheting to do (not for me), it is for my soon to be niece/nephew (not sure which). I have squares to make for a swap by the end of June. I have a sock of which I am currently enamored. I have finally gotten around to processing the fleece I got from Maryland and I have started spinning it. But then I think of all the other pretties I want to spin too. Anyone have any ideas on how to process silk cocoons into something spinnable? I have thankfully ruled out that I am not so interested in nuno/wet felting. At least on a frequent basis. But I would like to get my needle felting stuff back out and really commit to starting an Etsy store.

But it has been a great weekend. I wish it wasn't over quite so soon. Becca came to visit on Friday. yay! We hope to get down to visit her some time this summer. I just have to say I love seeing her. Even though I haven't seen her in months, it never really feels like that when we see each other. It always feels like we just pick up where we left off last time. After all my years of moving around, I never thought I would find a friend that I would keep in such close touch with. I'm glad it is Becca.

We also saw a friend on Sunday. RL (who lives in Charleston, I don't know why we don't see him more) had been visiting friends in Florida and flew into Huntington. So we went to dinner. It was good to catch up. We should see him more.

And today was the Guild meeting. We had a potluck picnic at the park. It was super fun. I got a lot of my fleece carded. It was nice that the drum carder did not require a blood sacrifice this time. Although everytime I use that drum carder, it makes me want one of my own even more. Some day. I also got to see baby Robin and some of the smallest kittens I've ever seen. I made a little pinafore for baby Robin and the thank you card I got from her parents was the best thank you card I think I've ever received. I wanted to write a thank you note back because I was so touched. I've never had one of my gifts called an heirloom before.

So it was a great weekend full of friends and fun. It was just what I needed. I think I am going to take the rest of the night and sort through my projects and decide what need worked on now and what can wait. I think it will make me feel better.

1 comment:

goodnessgraciousWV said...

Nadine-- There was something in Knitty about the silk coccoons... :) grace