Friday, August 1, 2008

been a while

My mom told me I had to post more often. I'm sorry, I'll try to do better.

But all of last week I was at Vacation Bible School with Grace. After sitting out in the sun for 2 hours I would get home kinda tired. So I didn't get much crafty stuff done.
This is the weaving I worked on while at VBS. It was pretty fun. I took a cross stitch frame and warped it with the cotton yarn I made my first socks from (it proved itself to finally be useful). It is cute, but it is definitely trapazoid shaped. There are some good pictures though if you go here under Marketplace and Marketplace 2.









On Sunday I watched like 3 hours of sewing/craft shows on PBS. In fact, I saw a rerun of the show that started my fasination with needle felting and the first time I saw a needle felting machine. They said you could get water soluble stabalizer and felt shapes onto that then disolve the stabalizer. So I made a daffodil and a daisy flower thing. Note to self, don't use a pen the bleeds when wet.
But these are just about all I've been working on. Geoff's hair is being fiddly so I have set my Ace of Cakes guys to the side for a bit. So I have been knitting the hugest mitten ever. I just keep telling myself it is going to shrink when it felts and that guys have big hands. And I made a hat for a friend (need to get that sent off). Haley lent me her Crochet Me book last night and I have picked out like half of the patterns to make. I am going to start with a scarf. Mostly cause the sweater I want to make requires 7 balls of yarn that cost $28 each. I was in too much shock to look at what the other yarn the pattern called for cost.

No comments: