Friday, July 11, 2008

I feel like Eeyore

And I’m not sure why. I’m in a bit of a slump. In crafting and life in general. Due to an accounting error on my part (stupid inability to subtract properly) I have $100 less in my checking account than I thought I did. So that kind of freaked me out today. We're ok I just feel stupid. Then I feel like I am in limbo just waiting for things to happen.
So this post isn’t all Eeyore like, I finished my shrug. This turned out very well. So soft and snuggly. And Ashes was trying to help me take pictures. Awww.








And I started a pair of socks which I am really excited about. Actually, I’ve already finished the first sock and have started on the second but this is all I can give you. The design is actually from the founder of our SnB group. She is hoping to submit it to Knitty and they don’t like to have pictures of the project out there already. It is totally fine with me. They like the designs in their magazine to be a surprise and if someone said that they were being published on Knitty and they already had pictures of the design process and finished object on their blog, people would be able to figure it out. So it just means you guys don’t get eye candy for a bit.


But after these socks are done, I don’t really have anything waiting in the wings that I am super excited about. I have a couple projects that I am in the middle of. Three shawls and a scarf to be specific, but I have no drive to finish them. Maybe I should start thinking about Christmas presents. I could consider it Christmas in July. Any requests?
There is one project that I am sort of excited about. I want to start it, but I feel a bit odd about it. I have these grand ideas to make my future daughter (very distant future) a complete, well it started as a tea set but has grown into an entire food set. Knitting, crocheting or felting. I actually have the felting machine out and the felt is out too. I had to make a bigger DPN case because I added to the collection.

But part of me doesn’t want to start something like this until we are, well, settled in the place where we plan to have children. I can’t really justify making then packing and moving something I might not even use for 5 years (just an estimation). But it is the only stuff I’m even sort of interested in making right now. And it helps that I have the supplies sitting in my living room. Maybe I should just make them and sell them on Etsy.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I still feel slumpish too. I even sat down today and went through all the printed patterns and books and magazines I own and...nothing. Boo.

I totally think you should make the food set! Who cares when it will be useful if that is what is calling you to the needles. Seriously, just be happy in your crafting. And give me ideas.

I also think you could sell those on ETSY and make a bundle! I love them and would totally buy one of the big ones for my needles (I am far too lazy to make a cloth one myself so I could just pay you to do it!).