I went shopping and picked up the new Interweave Crochet and Spin Off. I even bought some batts from Loop on Etsy. I have been dying to buy some of her creations and I was finally able to. Oh my goodness, if these don't inspire me to do some spinning, I don't know what could. Of course it was bought with the intention of developing a rating on Etsy so I can eventually start selling things. That was clearly my only motive. :)With that in mind, I also did some needle felting. The gals in my knitting have really been encouraging me to sell some of my needle cases on Etsy and I think I am going to listen to them. I've taken pictures of a couple designs I've done. Most of them will be DPN/Crochet hook cases. The one with the red flower is actually big enough for regular straight knitting needles. I might make a DPN case to match it. I have been using the felt you can buy by the yard at JoAnns for the base fabric. It is thicker and stronger than the small 8.5X11 sheets you can buy. And I can cut the cases bigger and do more stuff with it. I just need to go get a bigger variety of colors. It is a wonderful coincidence that I just got a JoAnns ad in the mail that has their coupon commotion stuff in it. It has at least one coupon every day between 7/20-7/26 (I think). So if I acquire it slowly I can build up quite a stash. But I could use some suggestions or comments to give me a few more ideas. I like the Celtic knotwork. And I've been looking at a lot of stained glass designs. Those seem to translate well to needle felting.



1 comment:
I am so in love with these that I am going to spend money on them.. aka you make them and I will trade you moola. I adore the little one you gave me and definitely want more.
Suggestions? Maybe try some abstract designs. polka dots, squares, etc. Or try doing a color gradiation (is that a word?) where you start with one solid color in the bottom corner and it gradually fades out to no color in the other corner. And definitly do more knotwork! those are gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment