Monday, December 3, 2012

Sew Mama Sew giveaway day

 Contest Over!  Winner has been contacted, and I will make a new post when I hear from them. 

I haven't posted in a while.  So to come back with a bang, I'll start with a giveaway.  I always enjoy participating in the Sew, Mama, Sew blog giveaway days. 


This year I am giving away a pair of earrings.  If you're thinking, "but wait, Nadine!  They need to be handmade!" you can put your mind at ease.  I've taken up a new hobby (because I need another one like I need a hole in my head).  If you've been here before, you know I have an Etsy shop where I sell bags and other sewn items.  Well, I've come to realize they aren't really fiscally sustainable.  I like making them and I sell them occasionally, but they don't require much creative thought.  Then I fell down a hole on Pinterest and started getting really interested in wire jewelry.
Some examples.

So for my giveaway, leave a blog comment telling me who you would give a pair of  these to for Christmas (keeping them for yourself is totally a viable option).  Easy Peasy.  This contest will be open until Midnight on Friday December 7th.  I will then use a random number generator to pick a winner.  Please leave an email or some way to contact you.  You can choose from a pair pictured above or I can even work with you to create something completely unique.  I use nickel-free sterling coated copper wire and high quality beads and swarovski elements.  Thanks for looking

124 comments:

Kayren said...

I would totally keep these for myself. They are too cute!

AnnaPK said...

I would give them to my hip cousin.
kirkwood0419(at)hotmail(dot)com

Bonnie58 said...

I would totally keep them for myself. Thanks for the opportunity.
bonnielarson58@gmail.com

Rebeckah Austin said...

3 of my 4 younger sister would love these.

Shannon said...

These are gorgeous! I would totally keep them for myself. I might give them to my sister, she'd love them too!

The Thompsons said...

Totally gotta be honest. They'd go straight to me. :)

Catskill Quilter said...

Love these -- and yup, I would keep them!

kswmom1 said...

I definitely would keep them for myself, even though all three of my daughters would love them.

Lauren said...

I'd have to keep them, they are too cute.

Melissa Palmer said...

How unique and awesome! I would definitely keep haha :D Thanks for the chance!
mjp0419 at gmail dot com

audrey said...

I would keep them. No question. I'm not sure I love anyone enough to give them away! (Just kidding. Sort of.)

Kristin said...

I have to admit, I'd definitely keep these for myself! In my defense, it can be hard to buy jewelry for other people (that's my excuse at least!)

Evelyn in Canada said...

I don't know if I'd keep them for myself or give them up for one of my daughters. Maybe I'd give them away and ask to borrow them frequently... That could work. Win-Win!

- eyeblanchette@hotmail.com

April in Autumn said...

No question. These are all mine!

aprilly at gmail dot com

Jaimee said...

I can totally see your beautiful earrings on my aunt! (but I might have a hard time giving them away!!!

Melissa Ann said...

My friend Julia... who is having a baby and moving unexpectedly (with two year old twins!!) within 3 weeks during the holidays. It's going to be a messy little season for her. I hope these would brighten it up a bit.

Zombie Queen said...

I would give them to my sister in law. She needs more pretty, funky earrings.
zombiequeenie(at)gmail(dot)come

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

These are lovely! I would totally be selfish and wear them myself... And yay for starting a new hobby! I took up pottery a year ago and LOVED it!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I love a pair of these for myself or my daughter. She got her ears pierced last year and really wants earrings "like mom". They would have to be small sized ones though!

Thanks for the giveaway!

Amanda said...

These are definitely for me. Very cool!

Laura said...

I would give them to my sister in law!

Rose said...

For those I would have to be selfish and keep them for myself. They are so lovely indeed. Thank you.

Georgia said...

I would give them to my sister!
peachstateme (at) hotmail (dot) com

Joy said...

I have a friend who is always wearing the coolest earrings. Every year, I get a very different pair of earrings for her birthday (mid-December). I'd love a chance to win these earrings to gift to her. Thanks for the giveaway!

SS said...

Beautiful! I would totally keep them.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Well you and I both need new hobbies for sure! What a lovely blog you have! If I were to win I would keep these for myself. Selfish but I so deserve it :) Thanks for the giveaway and I'm following so I hope that you come up with more soon.

ellen said...

I would be mighty tempted to keep them, but I think my sister-in-law would like them too! :)

Ella said...

I would keep them for me!

Lee said...

My niece would love these for sure! thank you!

DespinaV said...

I would keep them, I confess!!


DESPINA
deb_oro@yahoo.gr

Joanna-Gloria said...

I would gift them to my sister, on the condition that she lets me wear them 3 times a week!!

Joanna-Gloria, yana_ven@yahoo.gr

Poppyprint said...

A new hobby is fun! I would gift the earrings to my sister in law, the earring queen! Thanks for sharing.

vwlady said...

These would be given to me...I've been very good this year! These are very dramatic and unique!

Juliet said...

I'd have a hard time giving them away because they are so pretty, but I'd give them to my mom. She loves jewelry and something so special would be a great addition to her collection.

Jodie said...

They are gorgeous. I love fun and different earrings and would a pair for myself. Hope I win!

Kathy H said...

I would give them to one of my grown daughters. They always have the perfect jewelry on.

Shannon said...

lovely--they'd be for me!

Mama Gone Green said...

They would be for me!

ikisti said...

They are lovely, I would either keep them or give them to my Sis. She always looks pretty in delicate items.

Ali said...

Oh myself for sure! I always have to own something myself before getting things for gifts!
And I had to totally check out those drop spindle bags because I'd never heard of them before. Did not even know that was a tool that existed!

Amy said...

I would love to keep these for myself...but then I think my daughter would steal them!

Morgan said...

Mine, all mine, bwahaha! :-)

scody said...

These are pretty!! My sister really loves earrings but I could really use some new pretty ones like these..... ;)

ELNM said...

I would absolutely (selfishly) keep them for myself. Great designs! Thanks for the chance at them!
ellen(at)myerly(dot)net

Karen Linton said...

These are so cute! Since I'm not pierced, I'll have to eanie meanie miney mo to figure out who to give them to...lots of girls in my family would love them!

WeaslerQuilts said...

My mom would LOVE these earrings! I might have to keep them for myself, though :)

Jamie @Terrabyte Farm said...

These are gorgeous and I would keep them all for myself!

Unknown said...

They are beautiful. I'd gift them to myself:)

Maria said...

Add me to the camp of ladies who would 'totally keep them for myself'!! :-)

Mystica said...

One of my daughters!

Hippie Housewife said...

Oh those are soooooo going in my Christmas stocking this year!

Lindsay said...

I'd keep them. I lost one of my favorite earrings walking to church the other day so now my only good pair is actually a pair I remade using the dangly part from a pair of garage sale earrings and new hooks because I'm a germophobe (and the previous backs were pretty outdated stylewise, but not enough to be like cool vintage feel yet). Anyway, I need new earrings!

CARU said...

only for me!!!

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

I don't need to think twice, I would keep them for me :) They're just lovely!

Melissa said...

Love these earrings - I might share them with my daughter.

craftytammie said...

i would probably share them in our family gift-stealing game, and hope I win them for myself! but my 3 sis in laws would love them too!

Trinity said...

While it would probably be nice to give them to someone, I would so keep these for myself. :P Thanks for the great giveaway!

jruminski said...

Sorry - I love them too much! I'd give them to me. Beautiful!

M said...

I'd keep them for me - I love earrings!

michaelacking(at)gmail(dot)com

Donna said...

Fabulous earrings! I would probably keep them for myself, because my daughters would fight over them!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'd have to gift these to my always accessorized daughter, but they could also stay here... they look gorgeous!

Jane S. said...

I'd give them as a gift to my sister. She's tall and beautiful and always wears very dramatic clothing and jewelry. I'd love to keep them for myself, but dressing up for me consists of putting on a new pair of jeans. :)

thehappycrochetchic said...

I would either give them to my aunt or keep them for myself. love em

Anonymous said...

Definitely could see my sister wearing these.

kelly72lynn at yahoo

Deb said...

Such pretty earrings! I'd probably give them to my teenage neice, though I'd be tempted to keep them for myself.

Bree said...

As much as I'd like to say I'd give them as a gift - I would probably keep them for myself. They're so beautiful!

marsha/sky88m@readytek.net said...

These are the most unique earrings I have seen in a long time. Love them. I would keep these for my self.

jenn said...

there are really cool! Thank you!

supersara20 said...

I would totally keep them for myself, but if I had to give them, my sister would love them too!

Angie said...

I'd keep that top pair for myself. Simple is nice :) I like making wire jewelry too.

Cathy said...

I'd keep them for myself!

Kelley said...

MEEE I would keep them, they are so pretty!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Definitely my daughter - she's a jewelry fanatic. And I mean that in the best kind of way. :) The third pair I think - she'd love those. blessings, marlene

Steph said...

I LOVE these! As much as I would want to keep them for myself, I would share with my sister who could use a bit of beauty in her life. stephw3-at-yahoo-dot-com

Heather said...

I think I would wear them of course, but if I HAD to give them away, I'd give them to my sis!

Anonymous said...

I would probably keep these for myself. Or give them to my sister.

anna [at] 64colorbox [dot] com

Michele T said...

I would surprise my daughter!!! Thanks for the chance!

jmj said...

My sister, she'd love them and she lives close enough I could borrow them!!!! Thanks for the giveaway!!!!

Dede said...

Those are all so beautiful and unique! I'd love to give a pair like that to my teenage daughter for Christmas. Thanks so much for the chance to win your giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I would give them to my totally cool niece who loves eclectic accessories! I might have to buy some wire and try myself! :)

Stephanie said...

my daughter meg

Jenni said...

If I was feeling generous, I'd gift them to my cousin. Otherwise, Id run off with them in a heartbeat! ;)

Erin said...

I would love to keep these to wear for all my holiday parties but I probably would give them to my sister.
Thanks for such a great giveaway.
Erin
emstone28@gmail.com

slacker said...

my best friend. I totally thought of her just by seeing the earrings on the sew mama sew page - they just screamed out her name to me!

MOMENTS Designs said...

I hate to sound selfish but the earring would be for me :-)

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

I'd love to keep them for myself, but I would probably give them to my sister who has just had her first baby and needs something to help her feel a little bit glam when she's sleep deprived. :)

Mhairi said...

I have a very special friend who is turning 18 next year and I think any of these pairs would be a lovely gift for her.
These are beautiful looking earrings. They look beautiful and I will definitely be keeping your shop in mind for future gifts.

Jingle said...

I don't usually say I would keep things, but these are TOTALLY ME!!! I love them! So...I'd probably keep them for me. LOL! jinglesells at gmail dot com

thegoose said...

Very lovely. I'd give them to my little sister.

Anonymous said...

How adorable. I'd give a pair to my SIL...she loves earrings. Thanks for a chance to win.

Vivian said...

Oh they are LOVELY!!!

I will admit it, I would keep them.

I recently (be prepared, may be a lot of personal info!!) stopped dying my hair and then, when the regrowth was long enough I cut all my hair off so it's super short. All new virgin hair! I'm happy with the bit of silver and the streak of white in my bangs. (big step considering I'm only 40!!!) And now that my ears are showing I enjoy wearing earrings again!

I would love to wear your earrings, they would sparkle and make such a statement.

donna said...

Definitely keeping them!

donna said...

Definitely keeping them!

Nancy D. said...

I would give them to my daughter but then borrow them;0)

danielle said...

I would love to work with you to make a pair with pink swarovski and a brass looking wire. For me, of course.

Second Chance Tan said...

I'd keep them, is that bad??? yes it's bad. OK I'd give them to my sister, no I wouldn't. Ummm errr conscience calling...... no lets be honest, I'd keep them! x

Jackie said...

Definitely for me, myself and I , time to spoil me!

FaeryMom said...

Mine. All mine. lol

Anonymous said...

I would totally keep these for myself

Sarita said...

Well, I would probbly keep them for myself, selfishly... I had a pair that I LOVED, and I wore them so much the wire on one actually snapped in half at my ear. Boo hoo!
Thanks for the opportunity to win a new pair! :)

sarita0818 at comcast dot net

sandyandcosmo said...

i would keep them for myself!

Djaj said...

As they are not suitable for little girls, I would be obliged to keep them for myself until my daughters grow up (and maybe then, I'd have forgottent I saved these for them...)

Mary Ann said...

Yep... I would definitely keep em. Beautiful!

Diya said...

Gonna be a little selfish and keep them for myself :) I love the trendy earrings youa re giving away

Diya said...

Gonna be a little selfish and keep them for myself :) I love the trendy earrings youa re giving away

Taysha said...

Selfish Me!! I would totally keep these

Average Quilter said...

Definately mine - all mine

Joanne G said...

I'd have to keep them for myself! Very pretty!
jgemeroy(at)shaw(dot)ca

Delia said...

My sister in law would love the first pair. She is going through cancer treatment at the moment & I think these would cheer her up.

Erin P. said...

Most likely I would keep them but if I do end up giving them for Christmas I would give them to my sister who just pierced her ears at age 31. eatkin85(at)yahoo(dot)com

To boldly polish said...

These are gorgeous! I'd give a pair to my sister.

farmgirlathart said...

I would give these away to a sweet friend who gave birth to twins this year. She deserves a few nice things for herself!

Carla G said...

I would give these to my new Sister-in-Law! Thanks for a chance to win! :)

KeriCan said...

May short-haired study partner would show these off really well!

MudderWudder said...

Give them to my sister and then "borrow" them.

quiltmom anna said...

They are totally fun earrings that I would give to my best friend or maybe keep them myself. I think they are very funky.
Thanks for participating in the giveaway.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna

lefty.rollins said...

Definitely keep them for myself!

tammi said...

I'd love to be generous, but I can't think of anyone who'd appreciate these as much as me!

Leanna said...

I'll be honest. They'd be mine! I love jewelry like this!

helen ethel studio said...

They are lovely!!! I'd give them to my mom. : )

CraftyHourMom said...

Gorgeous!! I think I'd give them to my sister who just got her ears pierced. :)

Thanks for the chance!

GeeGee said...

just gorgeous. i would be hard pressed not to keep them myself, but maybe the sister will just love them.

Holly H said...

I would give them to my stepmom, she loves earrings as much as I do.