Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

  1. Stop spending money on things I don't really need-  I actually had a longer list, but like 80% of stuff I had pretty much boiled down to this.  Less impulse buying, buying less nail polish, stop buying stuff to make costumes I haven't gotten around to wearing, stop buying the stuff to start new hobbies when I don't really have to time to finish the ones I have. 
  2. Organize the craft room and the living room.  I think this is going to involve buying an entertainment center for the living room.  Possibly another bookshelf for our dvds.  I am so excited we finally organized the basement and I have a dance space (reminder to get a rug for down there).  I can imagine I'll be just as excited to be able to find things in those rooms.
  3. Step up my belly dance.  Practice at least one extra day outside of class.  I got some great drill DVD's for Christmas.  Use them.  Then maybe I can use some of those costumes and maybe justify the purchase of a very nice one.  (and if I stick to number 1 I might actually have the money to do so)
  4. I should call this one 3.5, but get my ass back in the gym.  My surgery was in October.  Granted I've been sick a few times and the holidays are a shit time to try and organize a schedule.  But seriously.  Too many excuses
  5. Decide if I really want to make this jewelry thing happen.  Do some craft shows.  Revamp the Etsy store.  
I think 5 is good.  I think they are doable.  Nothing too epic like lose 100lbs.  In fact, going to the gym isn't about losing weight anymore.  I am healthy and pretty happy with my body.  I want to be able to shimmy longer and run faster.  Yes, those would be easier if I were skinny, but being skinny wouldn't mean I could automatically do those things.  I have to work on them no matter my weight.  So I should work on them.  And I will

No comments: