Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Wheel

Much thanks to my Aunt and Dad for this post.  I had gotten some pieces of spinning wheels from my Grandpa in the past, but not enough to make a functioning spinning wheel.  What I didn't know was that there was another wheel hiding out at his house.  And thanks to my aunt and dad, they convinced him to give it to them to they could give it to me for Christmas (we won't mention it is June).  So new Wheel!!!! I have no idea of the make of it.  Grandpa said it was made by someone up in Harrisville (or Harrisburg, I don't recall now).  But he didn't say Ohio or West Virginia and both are pretty close.  But now some pictures!

 Now with more puppy.
 good picture of the flyer setup
 Look at that lovely mother of pearl detail on the ends
 This part comes off, I don't know why.
 It looks like the treadle has been replaced.  I might be staining this at some point in the future.
 From the back with some Heidi nose.
The only mark I could find on the whole thing was on the leather holding on the flyer.  And I don't even know if the mark is on purpose or just an impression it got at some point.

Her name is Peggy.  It just jumped in my head and I can't get it out.  Which is funny because my Fricke has never gotten a name.  It just hasn't needed one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh, lucky girl!
pam