So the month of July was perhaps not the best for not only doing Nerd Wars, but joining in on the Tour De Fleece. Nerd Wars totally took over my spinning wheel and I never got back to working on the Romney Fleece. I also missed a huge chunk of spinning while my dad was in the hospital. But here is what I have.
Day 10- Started on the next bit of the alpaca blend. I want to say this is the 33 black/ 66 white.
Day 12-16. Day 11 was a rest day, but you can see not much happened for a week or so. But this is fun to spin. It was some blue fiber I dyed when I first decided to try dyeing. It was compacted and not so spinnable. My friend, Haley, came over to card some felted fiber on my drum carder and a had a face palm moment. I could do that too. When I carded the blue, it looked so much like the ocean it needed some cresting waves. Silk neps added.Day 18. Back in the saddle with more alpaca. Finishing up the 66 white/ 33 black blend
Day 19. The 50/50 alpaca blend.
Day 20. Finished the 50/50 blend
Day 21. Finished and plied the 66 black/ 33 white blend.
Day 22. Got everything I had spun up all plied. The only one I had missing at this point is the 75 black/ 25 white blend. You will see that in the Nerd Wars post. :)


1 comment:
I planned to finish spinning that tencel/merino blend for Tour de Fleece and I didn't even start. I didn't spin once during the event. So, hey, you did better than me. :P
Post a Comment