Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gifts

So we won't talk about how long it took for my mom to get her birthday present this year.  In my defense, I did actually have everything done in time.  But I got lazy about mailing it.  Then I found the perfect present for my Step-dad to throw in the package too.  And then the Etsy seller disappeared off the face of the earth so I was waiting on my stuff to ship.  I gave up waiting on it last week.  So she finally got sent stuff.

The funny thing about both of her bigger things, she bought the yarn for them.  They still count as presents though.  Totally.  Some Grandmother's slippers.  She loves these things. 
 Socks.  Out of Panda Silk.  Nice yarn.  She has good taste. Done toe-up and a very short leg cuff to make them ankle socks.  I'm sorry they are a touch too small.  I was worried I was running out of yarn.  I like the way the yarn pooled to make it look like stripes.
 This isn't for my mom. She got a bunch of other smaller things.  This embroidery is actually for my BIL and SIL.  I saw the idea online.  I had everyone trace their hands and then I transfered them to some fabric.  Then I embroidered each hand in a different color to match the fabric.  I told them they could get a new one whenever they wanted.  Julia is growing up fast.  And this project was a snap.
 And this is for my swap partner.  I am going to be all sneaky and not even say what it is in case she is reading.  But it could come in handy when running away from zombies.  Maybe making a repair or two.  She should be getting her box soon ::fingers crossed:: 
And the yarn I dyed for the swap too.  I call it Zombie Pallor.  Beth may have also gotten some of this for her birthday.  One good thing I learned is that I can fit about 3 skeins of yarn comfortably in the pot I dye in.  Otherwise I will end up with two skeins that don't really resemble the others since they get stuck at the bottom.

No comments: