Of course I started on Ravelry with a search for knit and crochet patterns for ornaments. That is where the candy canes from the previous post and these cute dreidels came from. Made these for a few friends.
Then I moved on to the rest of the internet and found this pattern for a felt dove that looks easy, elegant and quick.
This tiny gingerbread house is tre adorable. In the process on this one.
I'm not sure if I have enough buttons to make any of these Button Wreaths. But my grandma definitely did. Button stash raided.
I think mine turned out cute. I didn't have enough time to put on a bow (I suck at tying them so it takes a while).
Illuminated snowflakes. I think I would like these without all the fuss of adding LED's. Just the pretty beads.
The knitter in me loves this one. I am actually thinking of doing a couple for my tree, but using tooth picks and smaller beads.
And an ornament a knitter should never be without. An emergency yarn stash ornament.
This ornament is just cool looking. Although the tutorial seems like it would make something a bit big to be a tree ornament. I might experiment with something smaller. Maybe with fabric. I need some Christmas fabric.
And I'm not the only one who loves making ornaments. I found a great blog with an even better list. It includes a few of the ones I've featured here, and I lot more I haven't. So many ornaments that she had to make a second post.
And while speaking of ornaments, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my friend Haley's Etsy store. She has some of the cutest ornaments ever. Including this one (not technically an ornament, but still). And I have one. And I can attest it is just as cute in person, if not moreso. Just so damn excited to see it snowing.


No comments:
Post a Comment