Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All Better

So who knew that the method for getting rid of the knitting blahs is to stop working on something you hate and that you know is going to turn out bad. Oddly enough once I started working on the adorable version of someones Christmas present, it flew off the needles. So fast in fact that the hat and mittens were started and finished in two days. I even painted two mannequin heads over the weekend as well.

Did you see that? Where I mentioned getting a Christmas present finished. I know, I'm a little shocked too. I can hold you for a bit if you need me too. Will a picture of yarn make you feel better?

Yeah it does for me too. That is a lovely Skein of Goth Socks (Laudanum base, i.e. cashmere) from Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs called Imma Bitch. I won it from a drawing on the Sweet Libertine site. P.S. I love their makeup. Wearing their eyeshadow today in fact. They were having a drawing from people who donated money to a lovely family that had tragedy strike. I donated and at the time they only had a few prizes, so it was essentially donating to donate because I knew a lot of people would too. When I was notified I won, the number of prizes had gone up significantly. There was Wollmeise donated. Lovely people. Did I mention I lurve their eyeshadow. And they have colors inspired by yarn. Yes I am obsessed.

But the dreaded Christmas knitting is upon me. Unfortunately for you, this means a lot less pictures coming up. I will be working mostly on Christmas stuff and I would hate to ruin surprises. But I can do the Christmas list again. Why don't I go ahead? I have it written in my notebook already.

1. Felted Item 30% complete

2. Cookies

3. Stethescope Covers

4. Slippers

5. Slippers

6. Dishcloths

7. Hat

8. Ornaments X 4

9. Hat and Mittens-100% complete

10. Rubbernecker Swap- 90% complete I have tasty things to make.

Surprisingly this is the complete list. Well of things I have to make. I might need one or two more things. But this should hopefully be a short and easy Christmas. We shall see.

No comments: