Day 9- I dug out some fiber that needed finishing. I had made batts of black merino, blue mohair, and blue firestar and corespun about half of them around a laceweight merino core. I finally finished them and ended up with about 200 yards. WoooDay 11- More fiber prep. I picked the rest of the Romney fleece in preparation for carding. I love the extreme volume change. Before:
After:
Day 12- Dug out some more stash. This was a batt I had dyed then carded where the colors didn't really do what I wanted. I had previously spun the other batt of this and chain plyed it to make a bulky yarn. So I separated by color (orange, orange/pink, pink, pink/purple, purple) then tore those strips in half. I started with orange and moved to purple.
Day 13- I decided I wanted to leave this as a single ply laceweight and finished the other half of the batt by continuing on the same strand but going from purple to orange. So the whole thing will go from orange to pink to purple (double section) to pink to orange.
Day 14- Finished! The pink dye on this never really set and there are only so many times you can rinse fiber before it reaches felt land. So my hands got a bit pink spinning it. But now that it is done, I am going to do some major rinsing and will probably whack the hell out of if. I want it to be a bit felty so as a single it will be stronger.
After:
Day 12- Dug out some more stash. This was a batt I had dyed then carded where the colors didn't really do what I wanted. I had previously spun the other batt of this and chain plyed it to make a bulky yarn. So I separated by color (orange, orange/pink, pink, pink/purple, purple) then tore those strips in half. I started with orange and moved to purple.
Day 13- I decided I wanted to leave this as a single ply laceweight and finished the other half of the batt by continuing on the same strand but going from purple to orange. So the whole thing will go from orange to pink to purple (double section) to pink to orange.
Day 14- Finished! The pink dye on this never really set and there are only so many times you can rinse fiber before it reaches felt land. So my hands got a bit pink spinning it. But now that it is done, I am going to do some major rinsing and will probably whack the hell out of if. I want it to be a bit felty so as a single it will be stronger. 



No comments:
Post a Comment