Sunday, January 24, 2010

Look what I did!

I has a craft room. Thank you to my mom for the Christmas present of a new desk and for Jenn to sell it to me. I can now have my sewing machine, needle felter and drum carder out and set up, ready to use, but not cluttering up the dining room table. Yay!

I just have a few projects to complete. I need a cover for my sewing machine and a pin cushion. I'm working on some stuff to put on the walls. And AC Moore is being very obliging this week by putting their shoebox sized plastic containers on sale for $1. I already have a bunch and just need a few more to finish sorting things out. Then I can bust out my label maker to get everything labeled. mmmm...nerdy.

Here we have all my knitting looms hung up. My sewing machine and needle felter are set up. The desk has a self on the back of this part and is perfect for those shoebox containers. And they are holding my sewing stuff, wool washing stuff and needle felting tools. All my sewing things are sorted out so I can find stuff instead of digging through a big basket. I still need to get my fabric stash and patterns up from the basement. But those are the last of it.
On the smaller part of the table is my drum carder and scale. This part of the desk has a pull out for a keyboard. It will make a nice work surface. I even have a nice view out onto our back yard and the woods behind our house. Oh and there is lots of room underneath the desk for storage. Especially that little corner section between the two desks.
And here is all the rest of it. The blue plastic drawers have most of my yarn in it with some fleeces and my dyeing supplies on top. The drawers next to it have all my spinning fiber and some yarn. Next to that are my painting supplies, jewelry making supplies, cardmaking supplies and then scrapbooking things like pens and punches and stuff. The bookshelf has all my my patterns in binders on the bottom. Crafting books, then scrapbooking supplies then magazines on top. OMG! I know where everything is and I can get to it easily. I win.
And I'm super close to having a pair of socks finished and I've started working on mittens to match my fair isle hat. I feel fairly accomplished.

4 comments:

The Frizzy Hooker said...

Wow
If I move my office to the dining room, I could have a craft room like that

Deeners said...

Yeah our office (where the computers are) is downstairs in the dining/living room.

Anonymous said...

How did I not see this?! Your craft room looks amazing! I'm soooo jealous.

Deeners said...

Yay! I super love it.