Friday, January 8, 2010

How were your holidays?

Mine were good. Got to spend time with awesome people, got lots of awesome things, and hopefully gave awesome things to other people. That will be a later post because some of those things haven't been received yet. I'm slowly getting back to knitting for me. And I've decided that I have to get down to the single digits of Works In Progress before I'm allowed to cast on any new projects. Now, this does not include things that can be finished in the span of an evening, such as snowmen or a calorimetry. It means things that will make it it into Ravelry as a WIP not a FO.

Zach got me a set of Knitpicks Options DPN needles. And Acid Dyes which will go very nicely with the alpaca fiber Bill and Lauren got me. And I got a scale for measuring yarn and fiber and things. And my In-laws got me some amazing knitting books. And that is just the crafty stuff. Flannel Sheets, a back massager, enough farming video games to make about 3 years of my life dissapear. And my Mom and Brian are coming this weekend for Christmas and my SnB group's Christmas party is this weekend. I am very much looking forward to giving my secret santa their present. I've been ready to do so for months now.

And the whole while I have new toys and things to play with, people are coming up with some new techniques to try. I think I've talked on here about the Amazing Needle. Essentially where you knit with a crochet hook. Well, the same person I was talking to about it back then has set up a blog with instructions and techniques. And some crochet people on Ravelry have even come up with a hilarious name for it "knooking", knitting with a hook. The blog is here, by the same name. I think I am going to run to AC Moore and get a Locker Hook to try it out. I am facinated.

No comments: