Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas Knitting

Sorry this took so long. I started writing this at the beginning of the month and it has run away from me. The past week especially. I got to drive to Minnesota. And although it was a fun road trip, I had to leave Dana in there. :( Although I did get to try deep fried cheese curds. Yum. Then I went on a whirlwind tour of east coast airports. And I returned in time for my 3rd wedding anniversary and I am now finally getting over the flu. Although this cough sucks. Next week is Thanksgiving and then December. I'm glad I've been doing well on my Christmas knitting.

Dana, Zach and I were discussing my Christmas knitting list this year. It is much less ambitious. I have about the same number of people on it this year, but I'm doing less knitting. Although just about every time I sit and look at my list, it gets longer. Of course everyone needs dishtowels and matching scrubbies and perhaps some mug cozies. I am making about 10 big things this year. Not all of them are knit or crochet.

1. Socks 1/2 done already (I know there are a couple socks on there, but I gotta keep them guessing)

2. Cookies

3. A D20 This one is a maybe. Although I've started so I should finish

4. This one I can't put in a link because they would know it is for them

5. A Customized Rubix Cube If I can every find a rubix cube

6. A scarf, that is done

7. Slippers X 2, done except for sewing and felting

8. An Awesome hat, that is done

9. Armwarmers for guild, I have the yarn and pattern.

So I am almost there. Like I said, I keep adding little things. I picked up some cotton yarn in holiday colors and I think I am going to make some mug cozies and some of my dish scrubbies and call it a day.

Zach and I don't really want anything big this Christmas. We both have our usual Amazon wishlists. You can see what I have been crushing on Etsy. Although most of the stuff on my favorites list is sold, it can be used to get an idea of what I like. Oh and in case anyone is feeling intensely generous this Holiday season and ounce of this Qiviut fiber would go a long, long way. Although 2 oz would work too. :) I mean, at least I'm not asking for Vicuna.

No comments: