Monday, February 9, 2009

update

I think I mentioned I'm doing a swap in one of my Ravelry groups. I am spinning up fiber and sending it to a partner. And someone else is sending me new fiber. Fun fun. Well I had some BFL wool that I dyed with Aimee and did my first true 3 ply and I got almost 500 yards from 8 oz. I can't wait to see what my swap partner thinks. Very very excited. When I do swaps, I always get more excited about sending my stuff off and then I get excited about receiving things when I actually get it.

But to heal the pain of sending off some of my yarn. I have aquired some new fiber. To be honest, it was going to be for the swap, but I was so excited with the way the purple turned out that I decided it would go instead. Plus it is already done and I don't have to worry about a deadline. I got it from WCMercantiles on Etsy. There was still another 4 oz the last time I looked and it is very very tempting.


Some other yarn aquirement. I won some yarn from the Knit It Up blog. She has an Etsy store, which is closed while they move, but I can't wait until they are open again. I tried getting a picture, but the ones on her blog are much better. And even though it is Notre Dame colors, I can't help but think of WVU. I think that comes from living in WV. I do know some rather die hard WVU fans.
I also did some dyeing this weekend. We ordered from Knitpicks so a few of us got together to try it out. The pink and black should be striping yarn and the green...well, we'll see what happens with that. I was trying to go for foresty colors but everyone said it looked like fruitcake. I totally agree. There was some fiber dyed but it already got put away. And I'm lazy. It was blue.


And now for something completely different some half finished objects. Actually as I post these, I am realizing that they are all about halfway done. Odd.
A shawl for my mother's wedding. I am using the Night's Candles Shawl pattern by Jennifer Benson. I loving the pattern and I am using Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud which I got from Sam in a yarn swap. Love. I am taking a bit of a break as I realized about halfway through that I need to place nearly 1400 beads one at a time. I got a bit overwhelmed.



I am working on a pair of fingerless mitts. I am making up (and writing down) the pattern as I go. I am being super picky about them.






My Fawkes socks. One is done and Haley is letting me borrow her Knitpicks Harmony needles to finish the second one. I am trying to make a decision between their Harmony and Options sets. As I already have a set of size ones in the Options, I feel it is only fair to give the Harmony's a chance too. Loving the pattern. Except for the purl stitches at the beginning and end of each pattern section.

Oh yeah, you remember that dragon I said I wanted to make. I broke down and got the pattern and as you can see I made my first one. My second one will be blue and I think will go much smoother. I realize he isn't actually half done. But you can see the pins sticking out of him where the glue is still drying so he isn't completely done. And I need to pick out eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gah! I am so jealous of your pink and black yarn!! Damn evil stomach virus of doom!!

Oh.. and nice other stuff too. I guess. ;-)

And that dragon will be coming home with me now... kthnxbai!