Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Hobby

So I've picked up a new hobby (since I needed another one) and I have been trying my hand at wire jewelry making. I blame pinterest and my friend Anna on there who keeps pinning beautiful stuff. I had tried to make shawl pins before, but they didn't work very well. Until I learned that key piece of information about hammering or annealing the piece. Yeah, it works much better. 

I started off simple.  A little stick pin style.
But I've been working my way through some more complicated designs.  
 
 Mine are a bit unique in that the "pin" part is actually connected to the design so that it won't pull out.  I've lost a few shawl pins that way and I think this helps. 
Then I decided to get really complicated thanks to the design of my friend, Jess.  It is actually the Seal of Rassilon from Doctor Who.
 I need to make more shawls to keep up with all of the shawl pins I am making.

No comments: