Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Guild Retreat

Guild retreat was the last weekend in March.  It was so much fun.  As it normally is.  So many shiny new things.  I totally forgot to take a big group picture of everything I came home with.  So you get some highlights. 
 First off were my nails for the weekend.  They were a huge hit.  Sheep!  Many of the ladies were disappointed I didn't bring the stuff to do everyone's nails.  But I was worried the fumes would affect the people who usually attend that have lung problems.  Even in a different room.  If everyone has freshly painted nails, that smell tends to get overwhelming. 
Some lovely yarn from Bloomin' Acre Farms.  I beleive it is an icelandic/mohair mix.  I didn't get skeins with tags.  This is getitng dyed and turned into a color affection shawl. 
A beautiful skein of Sundara Yarn
A felted picture by our guild's very own Ann Grimes.  This is already hanging in my craft room.
I got this amazing Namaste bag in their peacock color.  It is now my purse. The best part, the lining has hedgehogs on it ::dies:: I love this thing so much. 
Llama yarn from Annie.  It is a total of 8 oz of fiber and each ball is about 1 oz.  As you can see from the picture, it forms a bit of a gradient.  Jess (who is my creative director now) suggested spinning it all up in order and then plying it with a solid/kettle dyed bright color.  OMG! right!

And I actually got some things finished a guild.  I finished spinning up some fiber I had gotten last year.  But it went to live with Cathy in exchange for that awesome bag up there.  The best part, it is going to be part of a latch hook? project she is working on.  It is nice to know my yarn will live on in something so beautiful.  And I finished the shawl.  I made it with some Noro Taiyo Sock and I used the Plumeria Frill pattern.  I had enough yarn to do (maybe 2) extra rows at the end. 

I also got several other things, but not much in the way of pictures.
Seam Clips from Susan's Spinning Bunny
Soak Heel Cream from Kanawha City Yarn Company (love this stuff)
A nice natural brown blend of wool from Marie Safreed of Log House Llamas
Persia Color Yarn from Skacel
A set of Greener Shades Dyes from Still River Mill

No comments: