Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter Weekend

I've started like 5 posts since the last one and I am going to make myself finish these so there is actually some new content on this blog this month. 

So Easter weekend, we did a lot of cooking and baking and new recipes, yay! So mostly you get shiny pictures and links to things.  

 Homemade whole wheat bagels.  This were amazing.  I think I am going to try this weekend and make some with cranberries.  I got the recipe from A Wooden Nest.  Seriously I just want to spend my life making all of her recipes.  The cool thing is she got featured on Craft for making some of my scrubbies.  Full circle.  I made this whole wheat by switching out a half of the regular flour for whole wheat.  Much more than that and I think they would be super dense. 

Of course we made the obligatory deviled eggs.  Actually I ended up buying another dozen eggs to make Avocado egg salad the following weekend.  That was so good.  **puts eggs and avocados on list of things to buy this weekend**
Zach made Challah.  Dear God I love that man's bread.
Oh and whole wheat, cranberry hot cross buns.  Seriously, I joke that I married him for his bread recipe.  Sometimes, I don't know if I'm kidding anymore. 
We made Shrubs!  The drinking kind.  I had no idea there was a thing such as a drinking vinegar.  I was quite dubious in fact.  But Zach likes vinegar and I had watermelon that needed to be used.  So I made watermelon and strawberry.  Was it good?  Well, let's just say that we have another batch of watermelon and a batch of pineapple going.  I am going to get more berries this weekend.  And I don't like vinegar.  Loved this stuff!
Other things I love, my new nail polish!  This shade is Orange You Unique by Nail Venturous Nail Lacquers.  I saw this color on her blog when her store was just a twinkle in her eye.  I knew I had to have it.  It has been a while since I've done the crazy, refresh every 5 seconds, frantic buying on Etsy.  It was so worth it.  I am aiming to get floam next time.

No comments: