Friday, October 14, 2011

A touch of crafting fame

I'm feeling a bit of pressure to be witty and brilliant today.  If you are a crafter, you have probably heard of and read Craft Magazine.  I know I do.  75% of the time if you see a random craft on my blog that doesn't fit into my normal range of crafting or is out of the blue, it comes from there.  For example:

This sideways, plush wookie (stupid Blogger won't let me rotate the picture).  The tutorial came from here.  So lots of fun stuff.  It is a lot of links to how-to's and articles about cool crafty stuff.  Being mentioned on there is sort of like an athlete being featured on ESPN.

Why do I mention this?  Something I made, made it to Craft.  My Tulle Dishscrubber pattern.  Mad props to Lindsay at A Wooden Nest for the much better picture than the one in my pattern.  Which is actually a funny story.  I was reading Craft (shocker) and came accross a chai tea concentrate recipe.  Yum!  So I wandered over to the blog to get the recipe and started reading because it was a nice blog and seemed interesting (great pictures!).  So I get a few entries in and there is her Dishscrubber post.  Now, 90% of the time when I am designing, I design for me and everyone else gets to take advantage of what came out of my brain.  So I rarely expect to actually see my patterns being used in the wild.  It was very cool.  Little did I know we would both be back on Craft in a few days. 

So, my brush with fame.  Not nearly as amusing as the time I flipped out because I thought that maybe the Yarn Harlot had ready my blog because I had commented on hers and it was showing that someone from Toronto had looked at mine.  I finally calmed down when I realized that I'm sure there are many people from Toronto who also read her blog who might have followed my comment back here.  But I still like to pretend it was her.  :)  I'm creepy that way.

No comments: