Monday, July 4, 2011

Tour De Fleece 2011

Oh yes, I am doing this again.  And once again I started out the week at the Mountain State Arts and Crafts Fair. Lots of spinning, no computer.  I think I will once again try to do this as weekly updates.  Make it a bit easier to keep up. 
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Mostly it just meant that I filled one more bobbin full of this stupid Romney fleece.  3 more bobbins full and I can start plying.  Trying to keep the ply even by mixing up the bobbins since I have been spinning this over like three years.  But only three more.  I am hoping this is the year that I can finish this fleece once and for all. 
I am including this picture because I finished in on July 1st.  Which I forgot is not the start of the Tour De Fleece.  July 2nd is.  But I finished something pretty.  It is Merino and Soy Silk dyed by Rivers Edge.  My mom got it for me for my birthday last year.  394 yards of a light fingering weight 2-ply.  I am thinking shawl or scarf.  Which for me are practically the same thing. 

And this is how my 4th of July weekend ended.  Yes that is a crap ton of fireworks.  Lots of noise was made. 

No comments: